Monday, May 6, 2013

Titoni Airmaster 77 jewels Rotomatic

Titoni Airmaster 347-345

I have this craze for Titoni. I have even been crowned "Titoni King" by friends; more as a joke. Today I will do a post on the entry level of Titoni from circa mid 1960's --- The Titoni Airmaster 77 Jewels. That is the highest jewels you can find on Titoni watches.


Titoni, like many other brands, did get somewhat caught up in the jewel count races in the sixties. Honestly, it was just a marketing trick. Some of this Airmaster model is named as Titoni Pilot. This watch is actually antimagnetic and has a case diameter of 37mm excluding crown. 


This watch has a plain white dial with acrylic crystal. The date is in red colour and it is not quickset. This is a Swiss Made automatic watch. It has screw in case back and is waterproof. 


The movements for this watch is the ETA 2452. Now here is the interesting bit. You can find this movement in the variants of 17/21/25/30/41/57/77. To be frank, there are only 17 to 25 active jewels.... hahahahaaaaaaaa Titoni has to add around 60 useless jewels so they could put an impressive 77 on the dial. ETA 2452 is a low beat movement with a frequency of 18,000 bph and a power reserve of 42 hours. 




3 comments:

  1. I have a Titoni 57 Jewel, winding in working condition. with gold colour case and strap and black face. Date number is in Red. I would love to sell it but con't know worth. Help if yo can. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sir, I have a clock like this ,,
    Only the straps have just been replaced, everything works well ... I want to sell it, can you help me, this is my number 01135885536 thanks sir

    ReplyDelete