Monday, December 19, 2011

Titoni Automatic Chronograph


Titoni Valjoux 7750 Chronograph



This is one of rare form of Titoni. Titioni does not come up with many automatic chronograph or multifunctions watches. During the old days, Titoni put more emphasis on Asia market and targeted the middle working class. This watch is like the masterpiece during its time; the prime specimen of Titoni watches industry. 




This watch I bought it from ebay Philippines at a cost of USD490. This is a two tones watches with white dial and gold markers. The hands are gold in colour. It has 3 white sub-dials encircled with gold rings and black sub-hands. The case is made of stainless steel with a measurement of approximately 38mm x 44mm without crown. The crown is gold in colour and has a unique design like the crown of Breitling Chronomat that looks somewhat like a turbine engine. This watch come standard with a dome shaped sapphire crystal and withstand water pressure until 3 atm. 




This watch has a screw in back case that is signed. From the back case, I just learned that this model is 93-988. I am guessing this is a 1993 Titoni production; from the same era of Titoni Cosmo 2000 and Cosmo 3000 multifunctions watches. I happened to have an old Titoni catalogue from early 1990's showing the same watch. True enough this is a Cosmo 2000 model with reference number 93988 SY-026 with recommended selling price at Singapore dollar $1830.00 in Titoni price list 1996. 




I somewhat do not like the design of the half tone stainless steel bracelet. I think it is ugly in a sense and is not too comfortable for wear. This bracelet uses the butterfly clasp to open. One of the main attraction of this watch is its movement. A movement that no need introduction anymore as it is widely used by so many distinctive watches like Chronoswiss, Breitling, Omega, Tag Heuer.... It is basically a 25 jewels automatic chronograph movement with quickset day and date. 





This outstanding creation embodies the full measure of Titoni;s watchmaking craftmanship. The rugged look of the Cosmo 2000 marks it out as a spotswatch and meets the requirements imposed by today's dynamic life-style. The superbly finished dials further enhances the prestigious look of this attractive timepiece. 


7 comments:

  1. I just purchased a pristine gold plated dark green faced example of this 93988 model with all the paperwork from 1997.Runs beautifully. Paid $1000 USD.as it was on a strange women's used clothing site, so, condition was a risk. I think I hit the jackpot on this one. It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding any information about the watch model was almost impossible. I found this, and a reference with a picture in an article online by Titoni. Assume very rare, but, only know very valuable to me. Much more than what I paid considering condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding any information about the watch model was almost impossible. I found this, and a reference with a picture in an article online by Titoni. Assume very rare, but, only know very valuable to me. Much more than what I paid considering condition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just purchased a pristine gold plated dark green faced example of this 93988 model with all the paperwork from 1997.Runs beautifully. Paid $1000 USD.as it was on a strange women's used clothing site, so, condition was a risk. I think I hit the jackpot on this one. It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I knew how many watches of this model were produced. The dark green is such that it looks black unless the light hits it right. Then you say WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I knew how many watches of this model were produced. The dark green is such that it looks black unless the light hits it right. Then you say WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have sent an email to Titoni asking for information. I do hope they reply. I would also like to see them have a greater presence in the USA.

    ReplyDelete